Taylor's Foundry was founded in 1946 by Mr. Herbert Taylor in two workmens cottages in Alperton Middlesex. From there the company expanded and moved to a new site close by.
In 1961, with no more space available for expansion, the company moved to Haverhill, Suffolk. Since then it has continued to prosper under the guidance of Herbert Taylor's son Edwin Taylor, now the company Chairman.
In 1977, with demand from our customers to supply more of their need, we acquired a small ferrous foundry located at Lowestoft. This allowed us to broaden our range of alloys to include grey and S.G. iron. Expansion of this site was not possible and all production was moved to Haverhill in 1979.
In 1981, with sights set firmly on developing this market, another foundry was purchased, this time in Stoke on Trent. Operating as Taylormade Castings Ltd the ferrous work at Haverhill was moved to the new company and their Aluminium work was brought back to Haverhill, with both foundries being able to supply Bronze and Brass.
Today both foundries are under the guidance of third generation family member, Gerry Taylor, and operates from modern factories, using the latest production and melting equipment, used in conjuction with our traditional skills, enabling us to meet your casting requirements.